Police. Don't Move!: BookBaby has my Manuscript!

Wednesday 13 February 2013

BookBaby has my Manuscript!

Well yesterday was a biggy! I finally submitted the manuscript for the true crime book - POLICE DON'T MOVE! to my chosen publisher; Bookbaby.

I had a good look around online, and amongst a crowded field, I went with BookBaby. I liked the fact that they charge upfront, and in turn they don't hold onto any of your sales income. No, I do not have any commercial relationship with them - I'm just a new and expectant customer.

In an early sign of professionalism, they managed to find and fix a typo I made in the submission form. Instead of the sub-title reading; 'well sometimes we do', I spelt the 2nd word as 'sonetimes'. How dumb! But as I said, BookBaby picked it up and corrected it.

Which famous author once said something along the lines of; 'Authors don't finish their books - they are simply abandoned.' Well whoever it was, they were spot on. I went through several phases of 'no not yet - I can fine tune this book some more', and 'perhaps I should proof read it again.' Then after much hesitation the moment was at hand, and with a few clicks of a mouse - it was gone. Off into the hands of a publisher in faraway Oregon.

So now what? Well some more promotion efforts I guess and then, after a bit of a break, a brand new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!